Friday 5 October 2012



              Summarization Relay 


The students had finished reading the text ‘Dan tries to help’ and I thought a normal reflection or review would be really boring to do. So I decided to make the students participate in a Summary Relay wherein they had to summarize the book in groups through a relay. Students were divided into teams of four. A blank sheet was kept outside the classroom and the first student in each team had to run out and write one sentence describing anything they liked from the book. They could describe the characters, plot, scenarios, etc.  He or she then ran back to the classroom so that the next group member could go out and continue the same.  While one was writing the others used the time to think about what they will write next. They did this continuously for 15 to 20 minutes. In the end, all the groups had written lovely summaries and I had to decide which group was the best based on the content written in the given span of time. I was so pleased with the performance, dedication and enthusiasm of the students that I awarded them an Edmodo badge each. For the best group, I found it too hard to decide. So, I roped in Ms. Jasminder, the art teacher, to do the task for me. I asked her to read all the summaries and decide the best one. She chose the one which helped her understand the story best as she hadn't read the story. The winners are- Tejasveer Doyle, Samarth Chopra, Aditya Sagar and Shreya Rana. These kids won an extra Edmodo badge and a mark of appreciation each.









No comments:

Post a Comment